Residential Gutter & Roof Cleaning
Proper drainage Safe home Peace of mind
A home with a 1,500 square foot roof will shed 1,000 gallons of water for every inch of rain fall. Without gutters and downspouts, this water would otherwise run off the roof, staining the siding and eroding any soil below.If gutters are neglected over time, debris and standing water can accumulate, preventing proper drainage. This can wreak havoc on your home and property in many ways, resulting in costly repair and replacement:
- Oxidized and Rotting Gutters
- Damp, Wet, and Mildewed Basements
- Cracked or Sinking Foundations
- Damaged or Moldy Interior Walls
- Damaged or Rotting Rafters, Eves, Fascia, Soffits and Siding
- Washing Away of Landscaping and Flower Beds
- Loose or Falling Gutters
Gutters and downspouts are the first line of defense against serious (and expensive!) water damage to your home. Keeping them clear of debris throughout the year (especially before the winter rains) is essential to ensure that water is channelled away from your house and foundation.
A-1 The Clear Choice will clean all the debris and leaves from your home gutters, downspouts and accessible roof areas. Water is then flushed through the downspouts to ensure proper discharge. The debris will be disposed of in your green bin or we can bag it and take it away upon request.
We also offer:
- Installation of Gutter Guards* and Downspout Screens
- Roof Cleaning – Removal of leaves, debris and spider webs
- Moss Removal – Moss can be particularly damaging to a roof if allowed to grow over time.
- Minor Gutter Repair
* Our current favorite product is Leaf Shelter which provides a combination of affordability, durability and effectiveness. Other systems are available.